Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December skeeters


A local donated a good-sized octagonal tank. If Π is still about 3.14, then the tank is about 90 gallons.

I filled it with tap water just before Thanksgiving, let it sit for a few days, then tossed in elodea from the puddle in my backyard. I found a stray leech in my prep room tank, so I tossed that in as well.

We have yet to put together a filter from the variety of pumps and tubes that accumulate in ancient school building, so the tiny critters that hitched a ride on the elodea are still flitting about the tank.

Today we had a hatching--a few mosquitoes clung to the glass under the aquarium cover.

Tomorrow I will show the kids--want to guess who the stars will be in the classroom tomorrow? And not one of the skeeters holds a Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing.


No comments: